Here are a few miracles from the week.
First, a miracle which I partially shared last week, that I was able to know what to teach for District Meeting. The revelation did not come all at once, but was slowly developed over the week. It worked wonderfully. I have been trying to have more participation in the meetings so everyone is involved and especially worked on that this past week. By doing so, the topic changed slightly from what I had thought it would be, but was guided by the Spirit and the members of the district, helping them gain the most from it. We talked about weaknesses becoming strengths by using the Grace of Christ, building from what Pres. and Sis Boswell taught in Zone Conference. It was marvelous.
Second, occurred with Luiza. We were riding on a bus back from the church with her to Center. She was planning on going to hang out with some friends, who were not going to do the best things. She then asked us how to make a decision. Elder Warner and I were able to help her choose to not go with those friends and rather go home. She did and in the process ran into a different group of friends who know her standards and don't ask her to break them, allowing her to still have an enjoyable time, while keeping the commandments.
Third, I finally was able to have a coordinating meeting with the Branch President. For various reasons, until Sunday, I had not done the standard meeting with the Branch President. Yesterday I was able to and he, President Skliutas, was incredible. He was amazingly supportive and willing to do whatever was necessary to help. He offered suggestions and listened to what I had to say. It was marvelous.
We met with Tomas multiple times this week. He's doing ok, but still rather emotional. Reading from the Book of Mormon still provides the best lessons for him. While teaching this week, he has been very deep in thought at the end of lessons, showing that what we are saying is hitting him. Hopefully, he can act on that knowledge that he has.
Serving with Elder Warner has been incredible. His dedication to following the Spirit and caring for the promptings he receives has inspired me and helped me do the same. His drive for perfection and self-correcting attitude has also helped me recognize that need in my life. He is wonderful.
I love being a missionary. I can't put into words how I feel. It's incredible and every day I realize more and more the blessings and marvelousness of our calling as missionaries. It's incredible. Lithuania is wonderful. Lithuanian is beautiful. The Lithuanian people are fantastic. It's awesome. I love all of you and appreciate your prayers for me and my investigators. I pray for you and wish you all a Happy Halloween and a fantastic week. Live it up!
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment