Map of Lithuania

Map of Lithuania
So you can follow where Conor's mission takes him!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Sveiki Visiems!
First, there is a fairly goodsized primary here in Vilnius, but I don't think they do a Primary program, maybe because they can't really sing- who knows. On Sunday they watched Priesthood and Relief Society, the sessions of Conference, during the 2nd and 3rd hour and volunteered the missionaries to be crowd control in Primary so all the parents and others could watch. That was exciting.
Our week was pretty good. I'll start with a couple miracles.
First, as a District we set a goal each week from one of the 'key indicators' (lessons, baptisms, baptismal dates, new investigators, etc) and we reached our goal! Woohoo! The goal this week was progressing investigators, we wanted 4 as a district, but got 6! Victory!
Second, Tomas. He is improving incredibly in our lessons. We have stopped preparing specific lessons and begun to read a chapter from the Book of Mormon with him. He is more mature, reads, understands, and pays attention. The power of the Book of Mormon.
For District meeting this past week I taught about the potential that all of us have. I used a quote I heard in the MTC as the basis, 'Explode the Giant Within.' Then I read scriptures with them about how we have the potential to become gods. I shared some thoughts after that about how we can reach this potential, taken from a talk by President Monson 'Finishers Wanted'. He gave 6 marks of a finisher. 1. Vision, 2. Effort, 3. Faith, 4. Virtue, 5. Courage, and 6.Prayer. I illustrated this 6 points with Hook. I talked about how Peter Banning found his inner potential to be Peter Pan. Showing that we, in the past, recognized our potential more fully and now due to our own choices and the veil, have forgotten who we truly are. It was successful, I believe.
We met with Erik and talked about doing good works to gain salvation. He agreed and we talked about some things that he personally could do to do good works.
That was about it. We taught English class, which went well, but nothing exciting or out of the ordinary.
I love all of you and wish you luck this next week. Thanks for your prayers and writings. I love serving and love Lithuania.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
PS I really enjoyed Elder Christofferson's talk from conference and then Elder Wardell(sp?) from the Priesthood session also gave a very thought provoking talk. We still have yet to watch the Sunday sessions. That will happen this week. Oh, Elder Holland's talk served as another reinforcement that I feel I need to do something about religious freedom. A few thoughts that stuck out.

No comments:

Post a Comment