Sveiki Visiems!!!
This week was crazy. It was sad saying goodbye to Elder Warner, but it wasn't a permanent goodbye, so not to bad. Elder Whicker was transferred as well, back to Klaipeda. I am now in a threesome with Elder Hyer and Elder Hengst. In the area that I started in. Crazy. It's been good so far. Being in a threesome is a little different than a normal companionship, just because there's two other people instead of just one. Elder Hyer is from Logan, Utah. Elder Hengst is from Germany, one of my MTC companions. He and Elder Hyer served together in Vilnius about a year ago. It's quite the group. I'm still the District Leader. It should be good.
As always, here are some miracles.
First, Tomas, who I am no longer teaching. Elder Warner and I had a very emotional lesson with him. Elder Warner shared ALma 38 making it his last instructions to Tomas. Tomas cried for a long time. He didn't want to meet with other missionaries and said he wouldn't, but as the time came he has, almost daily met with Elder Sherman and Elder Tomas, the Elders now in charge of that area. I'm glad that he's meeting with them and know that they can help him do what he needs to.
Second, with English class. English class was held on Saturday at the same time a regional conference was going on. Miraculously both were able to occur without problems. Everyone was satisfied. Woohoo!
Third, we were near a member's house so we thought we would stop by and say hello. They weren't home, so we went and worked a bit nearby and then passed again, tried their number, still no answer. We walked away, running into the member and her less active son, who recently returned from Spain. We talked for a bit and then they invited us in. We shared a short thought with them and then on Sunday, the son came to Church!
We met with a family this week, Saulius and Marina, and their three children. THe lesson went well. We shared a short thought about being courageous and ending the conflict with sin. It was quick and powerful.
We also stopped by an investigator that Elder Hyer and Elder Hengst taught last year, Nijole. She's doing well, wants to be baptized, but is afraid of her families reaction. We read from the BOok of Mormon with her and she said she would come to Church the next week.
For District Meeting, I had people share things they had learned throughout the transfer and then shared some things I had learned and noticed all of us learning. I came up with five points- 1. God guides and cares about the details
2. All of us have Potential for Greatness inside us
3. Inside every Challenge is an Opportunity
4. THe Power is in The Word
5. Recognizing the Many Faces of Victory
It went well. The spirit was definitely present as all shared what they had learned.
Serving is amazing. That's all there is to it. I love Lithuania and all things Lithuanian. I'm excited to be able to serve with Elder Hengst and Elder Hyer, it'll be good.
I wish all of you a great week. I pray for you and appreciate your prayers.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
PS They are building a new stake type center in Riga!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment