Map of Lithuania

Map of Lithuania
So you can follow where Conor's mission takes him!

Monday, October 24, 2011

.
Sveiki Visiems!!
This past week was great. As always I'll start with miracles.

First, District Meeting. As I mentioned last week, I received inspiration about how to begin district meeting. I used that, in teaching about the Book of Mormon. I compared us as missionaries to knights, serving not an earthly king, but The King of Kings, even Jesus Christ. Our weapon is not physical, but rather spiritual, The Book of Mormon- our sword. We all shared testimony of how the Book of Mormon has blessed our lives, bringing a strong spirit. We then discussed how the Book of Mormon and a personal love for it is essential to helping our investigators accept baptism. Transferring a little of our love to them, helping them love it and find answers for themselves within its pages. Elder Whicker received personal revelation during the meeting that he should read the Book of Mormon in the next two weeks recording every question asked and the answer given. It was incredible to hear that he received that, helping me see that often we need to creat an environment for the Spirit and then the Spirit will answer directly to others needs, we can help, but sometimes the words don't have anything to do with what we say. It went well.

Second, an activity. The Russian branch has been planning an activity and invited our branch and then us specifically to be involved in the planning as well. It was incredibly unorganized at the start of the week, but everything miraculously seemed to come together. It all should be in order to bless others this Saturday when it occurs.

Third, Elder Warner and I contacted all the members in our area! It didn't really seem possible with what was going on, but we put forth effort and God took care of the rest.

Fourth, Tomas. We had a pretty awful lesson this week. He refused to pray at the end and we felt that he needed to pray so we waited in silence for about 15-20 min for him to pray. He wouldn't and eventually stormed out. Later, Elder Warner wrote him a letter expressing his love and appreciation for him, which Tomas appreciated. Tomas wrote Elder Warner a letter expressing the same things and his knowledge that he needs to read and pray and his desire and commitment to do so. He is struggling because Elder Warner is leaving and he has never really said goodbye to someone that he trusted and cared for as much as Elder Warner. As you know, he is already a fairly emotional individual, so that stress adds a little more extreme to his emotion changes. It'll work out.

This week we also met with Erik and Dedukas. Erik is doing well, we read a story from the Liahona with him, to strengthen him and keep him company. We shared a short spiritual thought with Dedukas, but he can't really hold a conversation. He enjoys our visits, hopefully because of the Spirit that we bring.

Zone Conference yesterday was incredible. Thanks to President Boswell, Sister Boswell and the Assistants. It leads perfectly into what I have felt impressed to talk about in District Meeting. It's incredible how the Lord works, coordinating everything. Seeing the little connection like that really strengthen my testimony of God's knowledge of the little things. If He cares so much about them, how much more does He care about the big, super important ones? Crazy to think about.
Oh, last week you asked about Halloween. It's not an official holiday, but the youth celebrate it, part of the spreading of other cultures. They are actually holding a Halloween party, they being the youth, and we are the chaperones, so to speak. It should be sweet.
I love all of you. Thanks for your writing and care. I pray for you and appreciate your prayers. I love Lithuania, Lithuanian, and the people of this country. They are magnificent. Serving as a missionary is incredible. I realize more and more how sacred and great the responsibility and therefore blessing is, of being the Lord's servant. It's mindblowing.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas

No comments:

Post a Comment