Map of Lithuania

Map of Lithuania
So you can follow where Conor's mission takes him!

Monday, October 17, 2011

I am doing wonderful. As always, I'll start by sharing some miracles from this past week.

First, Tomas. He has shown increasing trust in us and a stronger desire to follow spiritual things. We had a lesson about the Atonement of Christ, during which he wasn't super cooperative, but it was apparent that the words we said were hitting him. He understood and wanted to use it, but doesn't really understand how or fully believe that it will help him. He's tried to quit smoking so many times that it's difficult for him to have faith that it will work another time. We need to show him that it is possible and that God loves him enough to prepare the way.

Second, a second investigator at Church, Mindaugas. Mindaugas is a member of our ENglish class, who mistakenly came to the Church looking for ENglish, which was not held due to watching General Conference. We talked to him and instead of leaving, he decided to stay and see what this Conference was all about. He was very thoughtful while watching and found it interesting. I believe that fruit can come from this and at the least he was exposed to truth that can bless his life.

Third, a personal miracle with prayer. I have been striving throughout my mission to pray in a way that is actually conversing with God. I have put forth significant effort recently. As I have done so I have received more revelation for myself and others and strengthened my relationship with God. I feel like I actually know Him as an individual now. It's been wonderful.

Fourth, revelation received during General Conference. While watching in English there were multiple revelations received, particularly last week as I was thinking of what to teach for District meeting. As we watched the Saturday morning session in Elder Scott's talk he mentioned sacrifice, which stuck out, so I thought maybe that, but it wasn't the theme of his talk so I kind of discounted it. Next Sis Thompson spoke saying many things, one of them 'revelation can come in as little as a line from a conference talk'. Right to what I was thinking. I then felt that I should, but was still unsure because Elder Warner had planned on talking about it to our zone at the next training, so I didn't want to take that from him. As I had those thoughts, there was the talk about acting immediately on revelation without delay. Needless to say, it was clear that I needed to talk about Sacrifice. Also yesterday, while watching, I received revelation on how to begin this week's District Meeting. It wasn't connected to anyone's comments, but because I was in an environment to feel the Spirit, it came. Conference was, in a word, marvelous.

We went to Klaipeda for an exchange this week. It was nice to be in a District Meeting as a participant, and to notice what Elder Erickson did while leading. He has an incredibly good heart and pure desires for good.

We met with Erik and Dedukas. Both lessons went well and uplifted them spiritually.

As I mentioned I taught about Sacrifice in District Meeting. It went very well. I talked mostly about how we can't serve two masters, illustrating that principle with numerous examples, including Anakin in Star Wars, the children in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Ron and the locket in Harry Potter 7, Gulliver's Travels, and some other analogies that I came up with. It then led to how we serve solely Christ, by sacrificing all worldly desires and passions. While preparing it helped my notice that as I have desired to make changes and sacrifice, Christ has helped remove the worldly desires from me, making it easier. It's been fantastic.
We went to Trakai last week. It was cool. It looked beautiful, with the leaves all changing colors. Magnificent. It's in the middle of a lake as well, just the perfect most beautiful location. I sent a couple pictures of our district there.
Lithuania is wonderful. I love it and her people, so much. I pray for you and appreciate your prayers. Have a fantastic week!
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas

No comments:

Post a Comment