Also, I did get the package. Thanks. It was quite enjoyable. Mom and Dad- happy belated anniversary!!
I can't believe that a new year is here, 2012. I remember when that movie came out and it seemed like an eternity before it would be here. Here it is. Time moves at an ever increasing rate.
We were in early on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. yes, many people celebrate, mostly by drinking, so we avoid interaction as much as possible.
We set New Year's Resolutions. It was good, to have some time to sit back and think and determine how to achieve what is possible in the coming year, so many possibilities. Crazy. My first resolution- To survive the End of the World. Hahaha. Pretty sure, I'm golden in that regard.
Miracles-
First, we were able to contact the referral we received last week. We had a nice lesson with him. Unfortunately, he wasn't interested, but we were able to answer his question and clearly convey the truth to him.
Second, in setting Resolutions, I felt the guidance of the SPirit in what I should do. It was wonderful. Especially because goal setting by the Spirit has been one of the hardest things to implement.
Third, I was asked to speak on Sunday, with no given topic, or time length. I chose to speak about Goals and how they enable us to access the power of the Atonement. I spoke and the thoughts I had prepared fit perfectly together to fill the exact amount of time necessary to end the meeting on time. That is the guidance of the Spirit. People also complimented my talk, which is always nice.
Fourth, in comfort received from Heaven, and memorized scripture. There were some sad moments this past week, with Saulius not coming to meetings and things just seeming to go all wrong. As it happened I thought to myself, how long? and then quoted Joseph Smith, from when he was in Liberty Jail, in my silent thoughts/prayer. As I asked the question, 'O God, where art thou?" I had the following verses come to mind, 'peace unto thy soul. All things shall be for thy good and give thee experience. ' Things looked better after that. I also read through sections 121-123 in the Doctrine and Covenants. It helped for when later things had looked better but then got worse again. I also read a talk by Elder Holland, while on an exchange with Elder Rich, in their apartment, about the sacred nature of Liberty Jail and our own trying times, comparing it to a temple. Everything just fit together to comfort me and prepare me for what was to come.
Saulius, unfortunately no longer wants to meet. We called him once and I'm pretty sure he had been using narcotics again and from that day it was just downhill. We taught him as best we could, using members, laying the choice before him, and he chose. He can choose again to return to the correct path and I believe he will. He was too good not to.
Elder Hyer and Elder Kezele on the exchange found a new lesson and we got a new investigator!!!! Woohoo!
District Meeting went very well. I did use the song and taught about Unity. How we all need to be on deck, working together, and cannot abandon the ship. The ship will complete her course, the choice is ours whether we will be a part of it.
Well, I love all of you and wish you well. Work hard back at school and don't die from boredom. Make it fun. Seize the Day!!
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment