Alright, Miracles of the week.
The biggest is Saulius. We met with him 6/7 days this past week. He is incredible. He reads the Book of Mormon, asking for chapters that will help prepare him for baptism, knows that he needs to change before baptism and that baptism seals the change that was already completed. When we teach, he adds comments often quoting from his scripture reading, building off of our thoughts and connecting the lesson together. It is amazing. I taught him before, with Elder Warner, but at that time he was using narcotics- heavily. I would look into his eyes and see nothing- they were just empty holes. On Sunday, I was thinking about that and looked into his eyes while we taught, noticing the light ad life that are now behind them, it's amazing. he is on his way to baptism.
Second, we had a lesson and ate with Janina, Jonas, and Zilvinas. Jonas has not come to Church for about a year. He came on Sunday and was asked to exercise his priesthood and blessed the sacrament. Woohoo.
Third, in District Meeting we built our vision for the transfer. I had some ideas, but wanted to make sure that the district was in support of the vision. We worked on creating it together and the ideas that I had fit in beautifully with suggestions from the other district members. Showing me, that those ideas were in fact inspired. The Spirit is incredible.
Fourth, we were on a crowded bus and then saw a member of the Russian branch sitting down. He waved to us and then turned back to the book he was reading. I looked closer and noticed that he was reading the Book of Mormon, in public, on the bus. Yeah, for public showing of faith!
We also met with Birute and Zivile. Birute's other inactive daughter, Kristina, happened to be there again. She was much more comfortable this time and not immediately closed at our presence. Progress.
We delivered cookies to a couple members and to Saulius, our investigator. All were very gracious and happy to receive our gifts.
Well, Christmas was wonderful. It was marvelous to talk to you and hear you. I hope you enjoy the remainder of your break and continue in the Spirit of Christmas. I love all of you. Thanks for all you do and have done for me.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment