Miracles from the week-
Well, last week in his email, President Boswell talked about the Spirit World and Pre-existence and the importance of us discovering our past selves. In District Meeting, I talked about Thinning the Veil, along similar lines- which I had been inspired to teach prior to Monday. THe following day, Wednesday, was Zone Conference- where further teachings were given about the pre-existence and the importance of what happened. All of these built off of each other and I believe helped us as missionaries by more prepared to learn and receive further insight. That is the beauty of inspiration- you become guided by the man who knows how all the puzzle pieces should fit together.
A miracle of Unity. I was on an exchange with Elder Sherman. We had a couple lessons- one with Tomas and another with a Family, Rimas, Daiva, and Skaiste. In those lessons our teaching was even, equal, and unified. Due to that, the lessons went incredibly. It was the best lesson that Elder Sherman had ever taught to Tomas. Wonderful.
Third, about planning. Planning has never been my favorite part of missionary work, in regards to planning numbers. I am much more of an idea person than a specific number nitty-gritty detail person. Also, winging it has usually worked fairly well for me. I realized at Zone Conference, due to the Spirit witnessing truth, enforcing what President Lawrence and President Boswell taught, that the planning of numbers is essential to my future success. Maybe not that specific thing, but the skills learned while doing it. I then prayed, trying to find how I could do so, while still being true to myself. What focus did I need to have. I found it, in taking my love for a vision or a grand idea, cause and seeing that to accomplish that the numbers need to be cared for. It's like building a house- I would have the grand idea for the house, what should be in it and everything and then let someone else take care of specifics, but for that house to really be built, I need those numbers- they are essential. As I realized this and focused on planning in that way, I felt much more effective and actually came to enjoy planning. Woohoo!
Fourth, translating. Generally while translating I have felt as if I am a spectator, not really getting anything out of the meeting- solely relating information. This Sunday, Fast and Testimony meeting, I actually felt as if I was the person speaking, feeling everything that they felt while bearing their testimony. It was marvelous.
Fifth, Elder Hyer asked a question about the Atonement during companionship study the other day and I explained what I thought, or how I understood it. The question being 'what does it mean that Christ took upon himself our sins, but was still without sin'. I explained, based on my understanding of Alma 34 and 42, that He took the punishment that Justice required, since sin is the breaking of Eternal Laws, that must be satisfied. As Christ did that for each and every one of us, He enabled us to repent and allow Him to satisfy Justice, so we don't need to. As I explained this, which I've known for awhile, I felt a glimpse of what that pain really was, what Christ actually did, for me, for everyone.
Sixth, was a miracle of Openness. We had a lesson with Janina, an active member and her less active husband and son. The son, Zilvinas, recently returned from Spain and has been inactive for 5-6 years. We taught about the Book of Mormon and invited them all to read daily from it. He said that he had been inactive for that amount of time and is trying to reactivate but can't do it all at once. He has come the past 3 or so weeks to Church and doesn't need any forcing of his mother. He said that he would do his best to read, but made no promise, since he didn't want to promise and not keep it. Hoorah, for honesty!
Seventh, Victory! We achieved our district goal!
We also had two lessons with women named, Nijole. One is a member and the other an investigator. The first, went well. We talked about gaining hope from the Book of Mormon, growing closer to Christ. The second was eye-opening to some gaps in the investigator's understanding, which she felt was perfect. Now, we know what we need to cover to get her up to par.
Well, that was the week. I love all of you and wish you luck this coming week. Enjoy the Christmas season! We are still without snow, it's a bit warmer than last year- maybe a good sign. Lithuania is amazing.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment