Sveiki Visiems!
Su Šventomis Kalėdomis!!!!! (Merry Christmas)
I am still in Vilnius, in the same area, with Elder Hyer. Elder Hengst was transferred to Kaunas. It's a little weird adjusting to being back in a two-some after being with three, but it's good.
We are also still without snow, hoping for a Christmas Snow Miracle.
We don't sing in Russian here, since we are the 'Lithuanian' branch and there is a bit of language pride, so we stick to Lithuanian hymns. There are a few more in the old, not entirely approved hymnbook, so we might sing some of those on Sunday.
We also are only having Sacrament meeting on Sunday. Woohoo.
Ainis I believe was baptized by Donatas, the branch president in Klaipeda. He is indeed the very same, who I taught and had anti - parents. With time, it worked out.
Now onto the miracles of this week.
First and most incredibly, Tomas was baptized, confirmed, and ordained to the office of priest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond description filled with joy. It just makes me smile and laugh with rejoicing even thinking about it. He bore his testimony at the baptism and it was so pure and amazing. the Spirit strongly testified to me that he was speaking truth and firmly believed it. It was amazing. On Sunday, he will bless the Sacrament, which I will then be able to partake of. Incredible.
Second, Zivile, who had been active, but the past month hasn't really come to church, came. We had a lesson with her and her mother and focused on her needs instead of the mother's and it bore fruit.
Third, District meeting. I talked about Christ being the Captain of our Salvation and how we are all sailing under his command. Then I talked about the importance of always being aware of our purpose and errand, even while at port- for us, preparation day. It was very spiritual and everyone seemed to accept the challenge to further sacrifice, by focusing that last bit. As President Boswell said, quoting Elder Lawrence, to Close the Gap, the last 5%.
Fourth, we set some rather high goals for ourselves this past week, which at the time seemed in reach, with the belief that all would work out positively. Unfortunately that didn't happen, quickly leaving us with close to nothing, making the reaching of our goals only possible with many many miracles. As we planned Saturday evening, we prayed, asking for a miracle, explaining that we had done all we could, we had tried, we knew that it looked unlikely, but also that if God willed it, it would be done. The next morning, Elder Sherman called to say that they had committed an investigator to baptism, who would be coming to Church and that this individual, Saulius, lived in our area. Thus, our goals were much closer to being realized. We didn't reach all of them, but there was a miracle, because we pled our case before God.
We had Zone Conference yesterday, hence my email today. It was excellent. We talked about closing the gap and taking everything to 100%. It is a high order, but what must be done to achieve what God expects of us. President Boswell shared some thoughts on Christ, based around different titles, and one really hit me- Man of Holiness. I thought about how to be given such a title, He needed to live in a way that people saw holiness as his defining characteristic. Such as a man of letters is a person who reads and is knowledgeable concerning books and language, in all places. The question I had was, what can I do to be labeled a 'Man of Holiness'? That was my pondering question.
I wish you all an enjoyable break and will hear your voices on Sunday. I love Lithuania and all to do with her. I love seeing the change that the Gospel brings. It's incredible.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment