Miracles!!
First, District Meeting. As always I was inspired about what I should speak, that being 'Look not behind thee', inspired by the story of Lot and his wife. It went quite well. Again, everyone seemed attentive and was taking notes, so I assume that if I didn't say specific things for them at least the Spirit was present to teach them.
Second, I had an exchange with Elder Kezele and on this exchange we taught Radvile, who is preparing for baptism. We taught the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom, with Tomas. SHe already knew what was required to do, so we quickly reviewed that and focused on why God has commandments. She easily accepted. Tomas was wonderful in the lesson, close to the best behaved I've ever seen him- it was incredible.
Third, about Tomas. I was talking to Tomas yesterday, who is struggling a bit due to his concentrated effort to quit smoking right now. He expressed that it's hard, but this time he has a different strength so no matter how badly he wants to smoke he won't. He also said that the wants to really badly sometimes, but just can't. He doesn't know why, but it just won't happen or he can't do it. Miraculous. That is the power of God.
Fourth, our activity. We were a little worried that there would not be sufficient food for everyone. As it drew closer and closer to starting it seemed less and less likely that we would have enough, but then people showed up with food and the food on the table seemed to keep lasting and lasting, with leftovers. It was not quite as drastic a change as the feeding of the 5000 but similar in happening. THe miracle was not just that the food lasted, but that members brought food, helped prepare, and clean up after. Also Luiza's father, who is not a member, searched and found a turkey for this Thanksgiving feast.
Fifth, we had a lesson with Birute and Zivile, an active mother and recently reactivated daughter. To our surprise the mother's less active daughter was also there, so we adapted our lesson and focused on her. She didn't know we were going to be there, so it was a little weird at first, but that was overcome and it was a nice lesson.
Sixth, we were able to attend the Genocide Museum. It was sobering. Like 9th Fort in Kaunas, worth seeing, but I still don't really know what word to use, since it's not 'cool' or 'awesome'. Anyway, you get the idea. The museum is a building that was used by Nazis and the Soviet Union to house prisoners, torture and kill people. It talked about the freedom fighters from Lithuania, and what happened in the building. A member, actually was imprisoned there during the Soviet Union, we believe we saw his cell. It made it that much more real. At the museum I had some revelation come. First, an excitement for defending liberty and freedom and the right, even if results may not be immediate, as the freedom fighters of Lithuania did. Second, part of the reason why Lithuanians hold so tightly to their Catholic traditions. One, the Soviets tried to remove them, so anyone else that does so becomes linked with the Soviets. Two, they used their belief in God to keep them alive and separate from the Soviet ideals, during the Soviet Union. Now, they would feel almost like a traitor to Lithuania and the freedom they or their forefathers paid for dearly. It helped me be more understanding and therefore more able to be on their level.
We also met with an investigator Aurimas. It was a good lesson. He doesn't believe in God, but wants to find truth, so we testified pretty strongly that this is true and that he can come to know that himself.
I love all of you and pray for you. I love serving and indescribably love Lithuania, her people, language, and culture.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment