Map of Lithuania

Map of Lithuania
So you can follow where Conor's mission takes him!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Sveiki Visiems!!
Thanks for the pictures, they were fun to see. Oh, I got the package, last week, or sometime, anyway- thank you.
Happy Birthday ISABEL!!!!!! and
Happy Birthday HENRY!!!!!!
Enjoy your birthdays.
Ella, congrats on your baptism. I'm so excited for you and glad that you felt so good afterward.
This last week was quite good. Here's the miracles.
First- we got a sim card and can now use our phone!

Second- Tomas, on his own, expressed the desire to quit smoking and be baptized. He is working towards the 30th of September. As I mentioned earlier, Elder Warner and I have tried to avoid pushing him towards anything and letting him make the steps, since pushing didn't seem to be working. He seems to be moving forward, of his own accord, not because of some obligation he feels to us.
Third- Virgis became a new investigator. We have been trying for about a month to set up a lesson with him and finally it occured. He is an incredibly faith filled man, who really desires to follow Christ. He has been baptized in another Church, not too long ago and asked if he would need to be baptized again, after we invited him to be. We then said yes, and explained about the Apostasy and following Restoration. He prayed at the end of the lesson, expressing his love for God and his desire to follow him. Asking to know if he needs to do as we said or not. It was beatiful. As soon as he understands authority, he appears to be willing to do whatever it takes to follow Christ.

This week we also met with Erik. We just had a short thought about Christ and using his Atonement in our lives on Earth. It went quite well.

We had a lesson with the Skliutas family, active members. It was wonderful. We talked about missionary work and the joy that comes from it. We committed them to do three things. 1- to write their testimonies in copies of the Book of Mormon, 2- to pray about with whom to share the Gospel 3- to give a copy of the Book of Mormon to that individual God told them they needed to share the Gospel with.

I went on an exchange with Elder Whicker. It was marvelous. He is so caring and wants to help people. We talked about some goals that I had and got around to being ourselves with all people, from the beginning of our interactions. I have been trying to do that, particularly with investigators and members. Our talk helped strengthen my desire to do that and renewed the fire. I have been thinking of more specific ways that I can initially be myself and be more open and social with people. It's a little rough, since it's changing about 20 years of habits, but I'm working on it. It's kinda rough, since I'm more reserved and just keep to myself naturally, rather than chat up a storm with whomever I'm near to. Always, time to change though, right?

In our district meeting we talked about vision. I really enjoyed it, especially the idea that Elder Whicker discussed of a vision including three aspects. 1) Where we were, 2) Where we are, and 3) Where we want to be. I had generally associated vision with looking only forward, but in reality to get there, the knowledge of where you were and where you now are, is essential to get to where you want to be. It was a very enlightening and simple concept. He based his thoughts around a talk Elder Holland gave as President of BYU, However Long and Hard the Road. It is a magnificent talk. I'll send it to you, because it's definitely worth reading and gives motivation for anything. He uses an incredible quote from Winston Churchill. Oh, it's just so awesome.

Elder Warner is amazing. Serving with him is great. I noticed as I've been writing this that I keep putting commas in places that they are unnecessary. Partially due to the fact that I overuse commas in general, but also whenever I pause in my thinking I seem to place a comma in the typing, perhaps to represent the pause in my thoughts. Anyway, random little commentary on what's going on in my head.
I think that's it for this week. I love serving and love Lithuania and the inhabitants thereof. I love all of you and pray for you. I appreciate your prayers. Enjoy another week at school, it'll be fun, if you let it be.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas

No comments:

Post a Comment