Sveiki Visiems!!
Alright, so about Transfers. As you know, I am now the district leader here in Vilnius. Elder Warner and I are together again, for his last transfer. He is a zone leader, yes. The district is almost the same as before, Elder Whicker and Elder Rich are together, but now Elder Sherman is here with Elder Hyer. It'll be fun. As district leader, I do have extra responsibilities. I lead district meeting, take attendance in sacrament meeting, coordinate with the branch president, collect numbers from the district on Sunday nights, and go on exchanges with the district members. I lead my first district meeting tomorrow, so I'll tell you how it went next week.
Glad to hear that your weeks went seemingly well. Oh, Alistair, I'm excited to listen to that new Jack's Mannequin CD when I get back, should be awesome. Try and get to their concert, it would be a blast. Glad that thinsg are going better. Was your Chem exam in the testing center? That joyous place...haha. If you go there check out the music room, it's upstairs, kinda hidden, but much better than the normal area. Also, there's a TV screen as you exit that shows your test score, sometimes good and sometimes it's better to wait to find out. Ella, people do wear some shoes that look like slippers, but I don't know if they're the same as what you are talking about.
This week was great. As always I will start from the miracles.
First, with Tomas. He again expressed a strong desire to quit smoking. He was struggling and so we reminded him of the reasons that he wanted to quit, which helped him. Also, his behavior is improving. We had a few successful lessons this week, whereas before it would usually only be one per week. We talked aout healing most recently and how he can be healed through the Savior and his own belief in Him.
Second, Skirmantas. Skirmantas is a less-active young man about 18 or so. I taught him before when I served in Vilnius and it was always difficult to come up with a topic, so Elder Warner and I were stumped. He understands all the right answers with his head, but doesn't really believe it with his heart. We tried to think of a way to make it interesting for him. I thought of music, since he likes music, so as I was pondering what to teach him the lyrics to the song 'Help!' by The Beatles came to mind. We took the meaning and applied it to each of us. That we all need help and the way to get that help is through Christ. We also shared Christ and Peter walking on the water and how Peter needed Christ's help and received it. The lesson went well. Skirmantas knew the words immediately, and agreed to ask Christ for help the next time he needed it.
Third, was about District leader things. I had been thinking of what to do since you called and asked me to serve as District Leader. I felt good about it, but wasn't sure if it was quite right, but as we talked Friday morning with the Assisstants, everything just clicked. Helping me realize that the ideas that I had were actually inspired and I was starting to do what God wanted. It was quite reassuring and comforting.
This week we also met with a recent convert, Vitalis, Dedukas. He wasn't doing very well, but we visited with him and shared a short inspirational thought. He was able to come to Church on Sunday, so we talked to him some more there, which was probably enjoyable for him.
We met with Erik and talked about spiritual gifts inviting him to find out what his are and what he would like to develop and to further develop those. He was pretty excited.
We met with a member Grazvidas, who was recently in a car accident and hasn't been able to attend Church for a few weeks. We talked about the importance of scripture reading and he testified strongly of the blessing it's had on his life. How when he's feeling angry, he'll open the scriptures and read and then it calms him down. Way awesome.
I love all of you and appreciate your prayers in my behalf. Lithuania is the best. I love it beyond description. Oh, mom, Lithuanians are also very bold and open with what they say, so maybe it's just American culture that keeps things back. Don't worry, I won't grow a goatee, even though I have considered it. I was further convinced not to on Sunday. Two former missionaries, from about 10 years ago, were visiting. one was sporting a goatee, and I just thought that there is no reason for that. The general authorities don't, so why should I? Just my personal decision, and counsel from President Dance prior to his departure. I wish you all the best. Enjoy your week.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
No comments:
Post a Comment