Labas Visiems!
Sounds like everyone's doing alright, minus your sickness.Hope all of you feel better. Thanks for the news. I can print the recipes off at the church actually, so thanks a lot.
This week was fairly successful, it was great. We had a few new lessons, as well as meetings with members and even a meeting with Ainis.
We met with an older catholic couple, who told us they weren't going to be mormons, trying to get us to leave, but we finally convinced them that we understood that and just wanted to talk with them about God. They were very friendly, but when we got to Joseph Smith and said that we believed that we are the only true Church, they just kinda blew us off and said, well every Church says that. The wife seemed a little more interested and asked about how to find out if its true. We told her to do as Joseph and we had done and pray and ask Heavenly Father, who will tell her of the truthfullness.
We also met with an old man, Edvardas. He rambled a fair bit and showed us a bunch of pictures, in which he looked like a stereotypical Russian that would be trying to take out James Bond or something. He wasn't super interested at first, but when we asked if we could come back he was very enthusiastic and we left a pamphlet which he promised to read, also quite enthusiastically.
Our meeting with Ainis wasn't quite as beautiful. He has been reading in the New Testament and doesn't understand why we need a Church, ordinances, temples, covenants, etc. Christ only ever says to Believe and Follow him. All his teachings are contained in the New Testament, so why do we need anything else? We tried for awhile to logically talk it out, testifying of prophets talking as Christ now, but we weren't getting anywhere. Finally, I just felt like I should testify and commit Ainis to pray. I did and promised him that God would answer his prayers. My testimony was incredibly strengthened by my bearing of it, which is still hard for me to understand how that works, but I know it does. Also, my testimony silenced his concerns, at least for the moment. I hope he truly prays desiring to know the truth. That's really the only way to arrive at any sort of satisfactory answer.
We met with a less active couple, Anatolij and Vanda. Anatolij was feeling terrible and they were thinking he might need to go to the hospital. We offered to give a blessing and he accepted our offer. I acted as voice, which was incredibly humbling. I couldn't really express fully anything, but I felt again just that overwhleming love that Heavenly Father has for each of us, no matter what circumstance we're in. It's always good to feel that again.
Zone Conference was yesterday- it went quite well. We talked mostly on faith and how it realates to desire. President and Sister Dance talked about the need for our desires to line up with the lord's and when that occurs, we will see miracles. It's interesting to think about how to make your desires one with God's or even to realize what your hearts truest desire is. President Blindaruk mentioned in priesthood that the thing you love most is what takes most of your money, time, and thoughts. I suppose that your truest desires are probably what you love most, so just need to think about that and what I can do to better align my will with God's.
I hope all of you have a great week. I love all of you and pray for you daily. I appreciate your prayers. I love Lithuania and the Lithuanians. Focusing on that love makes everything easy. Again, I encourage you all to find the good because it's there- no matter what happens, there is something good that is hiding inside. It's all in your attitude, which can be related to a small helm of a ship, as described in D&C 123: 16-17, I believe that is the correct reference. Anyway, just be happy.
Love you all,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment