Labas Visiems,
First for the news on Transfers. I am now serving in Kaunas, with Elder Sherman, he's been out for 2 transfers. It was hard to leave Klaipeda, but again as I left and came into Kaunas I felt like this is is the place I need to be. Not sure why, but I'm sure it will be seen. The address in Kaunas is:
Elder Conor Hilton
A/D 286
44004 Kaunas
Lithuania/Lietuva
My shoes are great, i don't think they contributed to the problem, but who knows. It worked out fine. It was a little nerve-wracking since I don't know medical lingo in Lithuanian and the doctors English was less than stellar, but I made it out and it seems to be healing nicely.
Before I left Klaipeda we met with Tomas, to talk one last time and we had alread scheduled a meeting with Lucy and Maggie, so we went to that. It was nice. We shared a scripture and sang some primary songs with them. We also talked about schools in China, which was very interesting.
A bum came up to us and asked for some money for the bus. We told him we can't give people money and he became very upset. He was swearing and waving his arms in our faces. We hopped on the next bus hoping to get away, but he hopped on a different door and came rambling towards the front of the bus where we were standing. We then hopped off. He slumped into a seat and the bus drove off.
In Kaunas, we have an investigator named Antanas. He has very severe muscular distrophy or some similar disease. He is incredibly small and can't really use his hands and needs a wheelchair to get around. He is quite receptive and very intelligent. We met with him with a member to talk about baptism and the gift fo the Holy Ghost. It went very well.
We also met with a man named Lyongindas. He had met with missionaries previously and had a baptismal date but then his record just stops. He speaks English, very interesting English, and lives outside Kaunas, which makes it hard for him to meet. We had a nice conversation and got to know him a little better. He loves to read and has read the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, the Pearl fo Great Price and numerous conference talks.
Had a few entertaining experiences already. A man told us he wouldn't listen to us because he knew all about our Church and it was bad. We asked what he knew and then he told us that it was connected with the Mafia and stole your money and kids and once you joined you couldn't leave. We tried to tell him that wasn't true, but he wasn't really listening to us.
Another man told us that organized religion was bad because the 'hierarchy' destroys the relationship between man and God. He was very worried about the 'hierarchy' and didn't like that. He also didn't really let us say anything.
Some hoolies came up to us outside a dome and started speaking ENglish. One of them quoted the song 'what ya gonna do when they come for you?' and asked Elder Sherman if he was afraid of that song. Elder Sherman was like 'what?' and then said 'no' It was pretty funny.
We talked with a Jew for awhile who wanted to speak hebrew so he could convince us that we shouldn't believe in Christ. It was a nice conversation, probably the longest I have ever talked to a Jew before.
In English class we talked about future tense and they asked how to use 'shall'. I told them it was exactly the same as will. THey tried to argue and say you can only use it with I, but I finally just told them that they shouldn't worry about it because they would sound weird if they used it. It was pretty funny, as well.
CHurch was nice. It was strange being in a different place where I didn't know anyone, but good. Priesthood is basically always combined here, and we also got quite off track from the lesson, so sounds like we had similar priesthood experiences this past week.
I love serving no matter where it is. Lithuania of course is the best. We have had a fair amount of snow this past week, it's also been rather cold. Well, hope all of you have a fantastic week. I appreciate your prayers and pray for you.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment