Labas!
This week just flew by, as most do. We worked on matching the different copies of the branch list that we have, so we have a better idea of who we should try and meet with and so on.
had a few interesting experiences. While harvesting a coupel of older women told us we shouldn't work at night, because we look scary, we can get sick, and for our safety since lots of people without work or otherwise scary people are out and about.
When we asked people for referrals, which we try to do in every contact, we were given some interesting responses:
1. I have a lot of books about Jesus and I pray every day.
2. I don't need it.
3. It's Saturday and I need to organize my house, so I don't have time.
These mostly show that people don't always listen to what you say to them. I would invite all of you to listen when people talk to you.
We also had a lady give us back a Book of Mormon that she had been given years ago and didn't know what to do with. I guess we at least help her organize her house a little more.
We had a few lessons this week. One with a man who was a little tipsy, so we made it short and gave him a pamphlet to read, hopefully when he's sober.
We also had a lesson with an old, mostly deaf man who we had given a Book and pamphlet of the first lesson to read earlier. He had read the pamphlet and some of the book and was very kind, gave us tea (even offering us brandy to put in the tea, which we declined) and some treats.
Then, we found a lesson with a young guy, named Gleb, a traditional Russian name. He was very open and friendly. We set up a return appointment for this week, so it should be good to see how he's doing and what he thinks after a few days to think about what we said.
On Sunday I spoke about Charity and how it works with missionary work. It went pretty well. One of the less actives we have been working with, Viktoras, came to Church as well which was great.
I love Lithuania and any opportunities I have to speak Lithuanian. It's so great to be helping and trying to help people. I thank you for your prayers and pray for you. I hope you all have a great week.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
No comments:
Post a Comment