Labas Visiems!!
First to answer your questions.
Dad- yes, we use the Gospel Principles manual and it is in Lithuanian.
Ella- Yesterday was good. I don't know if I've sang some of those songs. I know Home on the Range, but not super familiar with the others.
Mom- basically all of those ingredients are available, minus the Au Jus and the Curry. They have some sort of curry stuff that I've eaten before, but it's definitely different than the curry that you made.
Sounds like everyone had a pretty good time this past week- excellent.
Al- thanks for the movie news. Even though it doesn't really effect me, I just like knowing about that stuff. As they come out, keep me posted on what was worth watching. You should be finding out about BYU, and other places fairly soon, right? I thought it was like the first part of February that I heard from them.
Oh, a quick request- could you pay a little tithing for me? $6.50, if that's possible.
Also, if you send anything, could you maybe include a couple CD's of either some classical music, some mellower soundtracks (Finding Neverland or A Beautiful Mind would work), or anything you deem as appropriate for spirit inviting. President Dance in a recent training invited us to get rid of all of the pirated CD's that were in the apartments, which was a lot. Missionaries shared pretty much all of the music and some when they left, would leave most of it in the apartment, so there was a lot to choose from, but now it's gone, so a little more variety is always good. Not a huge priority of course, but if you can.
Also, we're just supposed to pass this on from the Dances- all packages need to be valued under $50 and marked 'Gift' to avoid customs duties. You probably already knew that, but here it is again.
Oh- English class. We still have English, but it's now ever Saturday instead of twice a week. Pres. Schwitzer, from the Europe East Area Presidency, suggested to all the mission presidents that they discontinue English, but President Dance compromised to the currrent situation. So, for now English is still here and actually seems to be doing much better than it was before, so hopefully it will stay.
This week we had a few entertaining experiences that hopefully helped some people in some way, even though they would appear to be not really spiritually enlightening at all.
First, while harvesting a drunk man came out and started to talk to us. Unforutnately we were positioned against the wall and he placed himself to pin us there. He was quite large, so there wasn't much we could do. Luckily he was a friendly drunk man. He told us a story about some priest or something, it took him a long time to remember it, while he was telling us to wait. I tried to tell him we needed to go, but he wouldn't listen. Eventually he got his story out. and then, showed us his wrist, which appeared not very healthy, it was red and raw, and told us he was going to die, soon. We expressed our sympathies, but still tried to leave. Finally he let us leave and shook our hands together, in some sort of bond thing, kissing my hand. he then grabbed one of our hands and 'man-hugged' us, in a similar manner to the drunk man I met my first night in Lithuania. Pretty funny.
Later we knocked into an older man who came out and talked to us for a very long time, recounting the history of terrorism, WW2, a bunch of stuff about oil, and communism. He was very kind, but didn't really want to listen, just a lonely man.
We met with Arturas, the Elder's Quorum President, who looks like a sheriff from the Wild West. We talked about missionary goals and helped him to see that he has a part in missionary work as well, it's not just ssomething full time missionaries do. I invite all of you, to set goals for your personal missionary work. Talk to a friend, or something. I know it's hard, but just do it. Pray for opportunities and they will come. If you have questions about how to approach someone, I'm here to help. Not too long ago, I was just an average person like you, you know, so I remember pretty well what it's like.
A couple quick items that happened- I was bit by Bobsas, the dog outside our apartment. Luckily I had my coat and everything on, so it didn't break the skin, just bruised a bit. Every missionary needs a dog story, right?
Also, I drank a raw egg a couple nights ago. I've always wanted to try it, ever since I watched Rocky, so I finally did it. It wasn't too bad, a little slimy, but not the worst thing, I've eaten.
Well, as always, I pray for you and appreciate your prayers. I love Lithuania and all the people that live here. Everything is just fantastic. Sometimes it's hard, when outward results aren't as apparent, but our success is not dependant on other's agency. It is only up to our personal commitment to follow the Savior and do what he has asked. I hope all of you have an excellent week and enjoy your day off school today.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
No comments:
Post a Comment