Labas,
This week was a little on the slow side, but wondrous nonetheless. First to answer your quick questions.
I'm not sure why we can't eat from the Baltic, I believe it is because there was a nuclear power plant on the coast that is rumoured to have leaked waste into the sea or something like that.
Kyle Jensen I think served in Texas, but not really sure.
So here's the week. In a word could be summed up as Harvesting. That would be a fairly accurate picture of what I did.
I'll give a little more info anyway. So last Monday, we had a youth activity with the branch. We went bowling in the morning and then made and ate ceppeliniai. Delicious. One of the branch members, Dovile, had been in England working, but is now back and should be here for awhile- woohoo! She's 19 or so and has decided to have a weekly youth activity, which is sweet. Hopefully it will help the youth and have them bring friends who can then become more youth- yay! opportunities for member missionary work!
While harvesting, we entered a dome and a mom was helping her kids get all wintered up. They asked her who we were and she whispered to them, Mafia. So, people think we're in the Mafia, which is kinda exciting and explains why they might not want to open their doors.
We taught Alfredas, a less active. He told us his neighbor is a sorceror and that that somehow stops him from coming to church. He also said that he needed a miracle to come to church, implying that his sorceror nieghbor be somehow taken care of. He also told us not to call him anymore, because he wont come to church or do anything until his neighbor is gone. We tried to tell him that God needs us to show our faith before he will bless us, but he said his life was never blessed while being active, so why would it be this time around? It was a rough lesson. I just want to help him, but I guess he just needs some more time.
To keep us sane, Elder Sanford and I had a mini snowball fight as we were walking back to our house after a long day. It was pretty fun.
English class was switched to Saturdays, for this year, after considering dropping it completely, which changed up our schedule a wee bit, but I think is a good change overall. OUr class was fairly enjoyable we have a few younger people that came and hopefully continue to come.
Saturday night, after a week of searching and working hard, we found a lesson. It was with an older couple, who were very interested in what we believe and had even been to Church once before. They asked us about whether we believe in Christ or not, have saints, what we do as missionaries, etc. It was a great lesson and opportunity to teach the gospel.
Sunday night, we taught Violeta with the other elders. She agrees with everything we teach, but still wont accept baptism. We invited her to pray and ask about the truth of the Book of Mormon, what we have taught, and what that means for her and then to call when she's done that. Hopefully she'll take that step and know the truth and act upon it.
Lithuania is beautiful. I have recommited myself to work my hardest every day, especially as I passed my nine month mark, and I don't feel like I've been gone that long. Every day is new and an opportunity for us to do our very best. I pray for you and appreciate your prayers. Good luck with school, try and love it, at least a little.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
No comments:
Post a Comment