Hope you all enjoyed your first day back at school.
Like I said this week is transfers, so some change is expected. Also, I have not yet been approved to live in LIthuania, so I may be leaving farther than normal, haha. I still have a little under a week, so don't worry. And whatever happens will work for the best.
This week saw a huge group of hoolies, about 30 or 40, all dressed like they were in Pretty in Pink or something, carrying their boomboxes. SO crazy. They were all just walking down the street together blasting their music.
Went on an exchange with Elder Mock a russian speaker, which was fun. We taught a big group of students from the Netherlands, one from France, two from Germany, and one from Lithuania. They are all Atheists, but were interested in talking to us about what we believe and why. Always hard to get people who don't believe in anything to see the truth of the gospel. Elder Mock also ran into an old investigator who asked us why Christ and the apostles drank wine at the wedding. Interesting. Talked to some American tourists for a little bit, from New York and Pennsylvania.
Sunday was way sweet. It was the dedication of the Kyiv Ukraine Temple. The first temple in Eastern Europe. It's always exciting to see a temple dedication, but was especially exciting with it being the first temple in Eastern Europe, now that I am in Eastern Europe. The story behind the temple is crazy too. The government in Ukraine is largely Praleslavnic (pretty sure I slaughtered the spelling of that, but it's a religion, like Russian Orthodox I think) so they weren't going to let the Church build a temple, Bill Clinton actually went to their government and convinced them to let the Church do it. Then they only opened the most expensive land in Ukraine, hoping the Church wouldn't buy it, but the Church did. Some Ukrainians were hired to make plans, but before they could release the plans to the Church, their government told them if they did they would never work in Ukraine again, so then they hired some Canadians to do it. Now it's finally dedicated.
Yesterday I had a Book of Mormon stolen from my hand while we were contacting, we always have a Lithuanian Book of Mormon with us, it's a mission rule. That was pretty crazy, the guy slipped it out from behind and then took off running. Oh well, jokes on him- we give them away.
Lithuania is wonderful, and the people are amazing. I love being able to learn and share about the Gospel with others. I appreciate your prayers and pray for you. Good luck this week in all that you do.
Love,
Vyresnysis Conor Hilton
No comments:
Post a Comment