Map of Lithuania

Map of Lithuania
So you can follow where Conor's mission takes him!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Labas visiems!

This week was kinda crazy with exchanges, I was with Elder Leischman until THursday night, but it was good.
Happy Birthday Ella!
Have you tried a Tongan yet?
Umm...I don't really know what they do for seminary, they presented graduation certificates for institute and seminary at Rumsiskes a few weeks ago.

Vilnius is about 600,000 I think. Not positive, but I think that's the number.

Oh, Alistair...still using large words for the sheer pleasure of it. No, my eating pace does not really bother my companion, we usually have enough time set aside for eating that he just chills while I eat.

Schedule- Wake up at 6:30, study from 8-11 (One hour for personal, companion, and language), Go out until 9 with two hours of break/meal time, plan until 9:30 (roughly), in bed at 10:30.

We buy food at a grocery store like normal people, either an Iki, a Maxima, or a Rimi. We plan meals before and then buy what we need to make those. Except we always stick out at the store because most everyone here buys food on a day to day basis, whereas we buy for a week, so we stick out quite a bit.

Christopher Nolan definitely uses the same actors, The Prestige also had Michael Caine, and Christian Bale. A sign of a really good movie is that you wouldn't want to watch it all the time, because it just sucks too much out of you, so that would make sense that you wouldn't watch Inception all the time if it really is the greatest movie you have ever seen. Are you going to debate, play in band, run XC next year?

Thanks for the info on Jared, that was indeed who I was talking about. I'm still a bit sarcastic obivously, like I can't really remove that entirely from myself, but I try and keep it more of a situational sarcasm that isn't offensive to individuals, since prophets and apostles have said that sarcasm is bad, I try to avoid that kind.

I love the analogy of scriptures to food, in fact 2 Nephi 32:3 has become one of my favorite verses, because of the idea of 'feasting' on the words of Christ. Partially proabaly due to my enjoyment in eating, and not only eating but feasting. I just imagine a giant table full of lobster, gyoza, shrimp, pizza, some delicious cold watermelon, Kool-Aid, Reed's Dairy Chocolate Milk...yummm. I'm getting hungry just writing that. The thing is, is that that's what the scriptures are to our souls. If we don't read then we are starving our souls, and they will probably start to die, and that's just no good.

Alright, on Monday we went to this place called Grill Brazil, where they just bring around big slabs of meat and cut you off pieces, which I thought I would just eat up...hehe punny. It wasn't quite as delicious as I hoped, perhaps I am losing my love for meat. I did eat a chicken heart though, kinda exciting, but not super tasty, pretty fatty in fact. Monday we also went to a huge Cathedral and Gedimino Bokštas (Gediminas's Tower), way cool, I'll try and send some pictures next week.

Adventures on the Street:
Guy asked us (in English) if the Book of Mormon is really an ancient record found by people in America, to which we replied, yes and then explained a little about, he then left.
A guy put up the rock on sign and said in an English accent "Death Metal'
Someone sitting at a table shot me with a finger gun
A man said 'Svieki Jezu!' or Hello Jesus
A russian kid, turned around and started to swear up a storm, almost entirely made up of the russian f-word, while holding his hand in a threatening way, shaped like a gun.
Talked to an old man who said we were members by inheritence and that belief in God is illogical since you can't see him, so I asked if he believed in gravity to which he replied of course. I asked if he could see gravity, and he said yes, so I asked how and he said a compass pointing north, and I asked if that was gravity or the results of gravity, and he said results, so I said we can't see God, but we see the results of God in everything around us, just like we can't physically see gravity, but see the results of gravity all around us.

We taught a lesson to Evaldas, who Elder Kukas and I taught once last transfer and then kinda lost contact with. He had read 50 pages in the Book of Mormon and was marking the parts he felt were very important. We testified of it's truthfulness and the importance of reading and praying to know that it is true. He was very interested, and has beliefs that match with truths of the Gospel. Way exciting to see him, feel the good in the Book of Mormon.

One night while planning there was some rustling at our door and then the door handle goes down like someone was trying to open it and the door is pushed a few times, definitely like someone was trying to get in. Luckily we lock our door as soon as we come in our, who knows what would have happened.

Saturday was a RAZZle Dazzle Day. We started off walking through a park and being followed by a kid on a bike who asked us over and over "Who came first, the CHicken or the Devil?" He also switched it up a bit with some other questions and profanities. We turned around and left since the park got a bit secluded and he had like six friends walking behind us as well. We returned through the park like 6 hours later and they were still there, they asked us some other questions, but were mostly quiet. We then had a couple guys yell "Jesus Christ, come down here!" Also some people at tables yelled at us to come over and then said some other rude things. We then went harvesting and ran into a deaf guy, who shut his door, cam eback out with a bible and pointed to it in a way saying we need to read the bible, oh crazy stuff.

Thanks for the news and answers. I appreciate all your prayers and pray for you. I know I'm where I need to be and that the Gospel is true. I love hearing from you.

Have a good week!

Love,

Vyresnysis Conor Hilton

PS I won't write on Monday next week, it'll be TUesday. Just lettin' ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment