Map of Lithuania

Map of Lithuania
So you can follow where Conor's mission takes him!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labas Visiems!
Well, I finally got my approval to stay in Lithuania, so no worries there, I'm now legal.
Happy Birthday (Belated) to Isabel, and Happy Birthday to Henry!
Oh, we usually check email about 11 am Lithuania time.
I have been tranferred to Klaipeda, with Elder Whicker. He's very enthusiastic and loves being here. He's from Kaysville, UT. He is planning on majoring in Opera and English Literature. He also loves Harry Potter, which has lead to some fun discussions, along with his love for books in general. It should be sweet to serve together. Klaipeda is a lot smaller than Vilnius, which is fine, just different. It's also next to the ocean, ish. Occasionally I've been able to smell a bit of that wonderful ocean breeze, which makes me realize how much I want to live on the coast somewhere.
Here's my new address:
Elder Conor Hilton
A/D 408
94 198 Klaipeda 10
Lithuania
You can send the package here, assuming it gets sent relatively soon, and if you could include some mapeline as well that would be beautiful. Elder Whicker is a strong believer in eating real breakfasts, so we have pancakes, etc for breakfast almost every morning, but can't make syrup without mapeline, which we have been unable to find here.
In Vilnius Elder Dellinger and I had the opportunity to see some formula 1 racing and drifting. A driver was there, part of the Red Bull racing team or something. That was pretty cool.
We also met with Evaldas, which was again a grreat meeting. We talked more about repentance and the need for us to forgive ourselves, which is something he struggles with. We're starting to think that he has some deep dark secret in his past, which it seems like everyone taught in Vilnius does, like the murdered somebody or something, but who knows. Hopefully he continues to read and meet and come closer to Christ, ultimately leading to baptism.
In Klaipeda Elder Whicker and I taught two young members about using their talents. It was a crazy lesson because of the number of languages going on. One of the daughters and her mom, are CHinese, so they speak Chinese to each other, the other girl is Russian, so she and her mom speak Russian. The Chinese mom, LUcy, doesn't speak Lithuanian, but speaks English, so we talk to her in English. The girls both speak Lithuanian, so we taught them in LIthuanian. It was just crazy all the cross talking and the whirlwind of languages.
We also met with another member Oleg, who is a sailor and Speaks Russian and English. He feeds us and loves to visit, but when he was taught, he didn't really know what was going on, so he doesn't know the gospel super well, which is why we meet with him.
We ran into a kid who told us to 'stay cool. and peace out'which was pretty entertaining.
In Church I was asked to play the closing hymn, which I did, kinda. It was pretty slow and I used the left hand sparingly, but it works I guess. That's why you should practice and learn the hymns, so when you are in some random place, like Klaipeda, Lithuania, you can play the piano, and not embarass yourself.
I had some jam with my pancakes this week, and also tried powdered sugar with lemon juice, which was actually incredibly delicious. I also drank some fruitish tea, which was quite good as well.
Hope everything is well with you. Enjoy today as your day off from school and then get right back into it, haha. Enjoy your learning experience, just look for the good in everything, that's something I've definitely noticed is a great blessing for any time in your life while being here in Lithuania. I appreciate your prayers and pray for you.
Love,
Vyresnysis Conor Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment