Map of Lithuania

Map of Lithuania
So you can follow where Conor's mission takes him!

Monday, July 4, 2011

SVeiki Visiems!!

Happy Fourth to You!

We are actually having a sort of celebration, since it is our preparation day. We're going to cook burgers, eat chips and watermelon. Elder Sherman also got an American flag from home, so he's going to bring that as well. Should be fun.

Not a ton happened this past week. We haven't met the Boswells yet, but we have zone conference with them on Wednesday, so I'll tell you about that next week.

Yes, there are really that many drunk people. Occasionally we see the same ones, but usually they're new.

We were contacted by a group of teenagers, who actually were just curious about what we believe and why we were here. We were able to answer their questions and by the end of our conversation they very positively viewed us and the Church. Hopefully one day that positive view they have will bear fruit.

We met with Du Wei, a less active. He wants to follow Christ, but struggles putting that first in front of his business and his physical exhaustion. We talked about putting God first and that then he will bless you in all aspects of your life- he understood and wants to do that.

We helped a member move as well this week, a good service opportunity.

In our English class, last week we had committed them to pray, everyone in the class had done so. It was great. This time we talked more in depth about prayer and how to offer the best prayer, after a question from one of our students. It went quite well.

I've been thinking about the future a bit, quite a bit actually. I've had some thoughts and impressions that Elder Leishman and I have talked about and I've pondered a lot and just wanted to run it by you guys and see what you think, obviously it'll be awhile before it is imperative, but while I'm thinking about it just wanted to let you know what I was thinking. I still want to go into law, don't know about a major, but afterwards go into politics, as a Champion for Religious and all other Freedom. I know that probably sounds a bit crazy, but I've really thought a lot about it and just want your thoughts. If you have any.

Oh, a kinda random question. Dad, why do you always wear a suit to Church? Did your mission president ask you to, or was it after being in the bishopric or something else? Just curious, because President Dance, as part of his advice to departing missionaries, would instruct the elders to always wear a suit, white shirt, and tie to Church and all meetings that require Sunday best attire.

I love serving and hope you enjoy your Fourth and week. I love you and pray for you. Thanks for your love and prayers.

Love,

Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas

No comments:

Post a Comment