This past week was quite good. Tuesday, we spent most of the day serving a member- Valdemaras. We mixed and laid cement on the roof of his garage. It was a unique experience and quite enjoyable to be able to work with him in that sense.
We then had zone conference, which was fantastic. It was great to meet President Boswell and his wife and learn from them. He's a bit of a jokester, which is a much different feel than President Dance, but still an incredible teacher. We talked about priesthood keys. We went through all the theory or doctrine and then applied it to us. Learning about the delegation of authority, with written permission was very intriguing. Especially because we as missionaries have written delegated permission from the President of the Church. That's pretty intense.
Afterward the assistants, stayed with us, so we had a mini exchange, and I served with Elder Okoren. It was good. We talked before we started working on what I wanted to improve, I have been trying to increase my boldness and effectiveness in finding and all aspects, but particularly boldness. As we worked I watched what Elder Okoren did, and was impressed with the way he showed interest in the individual, seeming to try and relate with them individually. Then, using his individualized relationship, tying in the gospel. I am going to show more interest in the individual because of that brief exchange.
We had interviews with both President and Sister Boswell. They were quite good. Sister Boswell is very professional. President Boswell and I talked about taking the large amount of knowledge I have and crystalizing it down to a few incredibly simple points that anyone could understand. I've been thinking about that since the interview and striving to do taht in all aspects of life. Another thing he invited us to do at zone conference was to pray and ask why we were sent here, to the Baltic Mission. Which has been interesting to ponder.
Elder Leishman and I met with Du Wei and Vygantas. Both less actives. With Du Wei we talked about enduring and gratitude to God for all of our blessings.
With Vygantas we talked about fasting. The last time we met we invited him to pray about a way to come to church. He was concerned with having enough faith to get an answer. With his immediate concern about faith, and greater concern with church attendance, we figured fasting would be an appropriate and timely lesson. It went well, we helped explain some of the reasons behind fasting and testified of it's power and usefulness in gaining answers. We also offered our support in joining with him to fast if he so desired. He said he would fast and probably ask us to fast with him.
Elder Leishman and Elder Graham re-found an investigator Elder Graham taught when he was here, Antanas, and we had since lost contact with. They had a lesson with him, which sounded as if it went well.
Hope Harry Potter and Owl City both go well for you all. I love serving and being among the people of Lithuania. I appreciate your prays and pray for you.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment