Sveiki Visiems!
Well, first about a schedule for people in the summer that you asked about last week. I was thinking maybe a variation of my schedule, up early- exercise, study alone and then together. So, you could do a mixture of gospel study and normal educational deals. music practicing for a bit. You could all try and learn Lithuanian- that would be cool. Also, I was thinking about Preach my Gospel. I thought to make it actually sorta fun, with all the drama lovers, you could practice teaching the lessons, either as a whole lesson or just specific principles, with one or more people pretending to be an investigator. Or for a family home evening activity every once in awhile. Also, I was thinking about those able making a weekly excursion to the temple. I remember Al said something about wanting to do that, now's the time. And as Mom knows, probably the sooner you start that habit the easier it will be to keep it. Just some thoughts.
Our rule for short sleeve shirts is the mid 20's Celsius. So we have been wearing them the past little while. We have to wear suit coats to Church, until the presiding official removes his, but other than that- we have been suit coat less.
For Alistair- First, congrats on being a graduate. Sounds like your speech was awesome. What exactly did you talk about? Maybe you could send it to me, that'd be cool. My Religion proff was Byron Merril. I'm not sure on the spelling of his last name. Pretty sure he was in teh religion department. For mission prep Bro Bott is supposed to be incredible, but super hard to get. I don't know any other names religion wise. I would say that Honors would definitely be worth it. Do they really not have any honors freshman academy groups? That's too bad. I would say that that was super awesome to do. Hmm...Other than that, get to bed early, get up early, don't sleep in class. Take notes. Talk to your proffessor or TA or someone if you need help, sooner rather than later. don't have Facebook open when you want to do homework. Go to awesome free things on campus, like ACoustic Explosion. make friends with people in your hall, it'll be more fun. Class wise, just take some basics, my honors classes were my favorites and it was easier to get together and study as a group- also a fantastic idea, might take a little more time, but more effective and enjoyable.
That's all I got for now on that.
We had mission conference yesterday, the first time that any of the missionaries here have had that. President Clayton, of the presidency of the Seventy and Elder Lawrence of the Seventy and the East Europe Area presidency and their wives were present. We traveled sunday night to Vilnius and then early early Monday morning to Riga. It was fun to travel together. Mission conference was great. It was essentially a Q and A session. Talked about companionship relationships, studying, agency of others and our faith, forgiveness, just very good. Then we ate and visited with all the other missionaries. I talked mostly with Elders Adams and Alder, the Latvians from the MTC, now serving together. It was so great to talk and see them. Also talked with some Russian Elders that had served in Vilnius when I was there. It was awesome. Super crazy because one year ago on that very day, We flew into Riga. Nutso. time flies.
We were able to meet with Du Wei, and at the start of the meeting we just asked how he was doing and he told us not very good. Then he just started talking about how life is hard right now, but he knows that his trials are so God can teach him to be humble. There were several times as he spoke that he paused and both Elder Leishman and I felt that we should just listen more and he always continued. We were led by the Spirit in that aspect and then in what to share about patience and the importance of putting God first in our lives. It was an incredible lesson. His life is essentially the Pride Cycle that happens throughout the Book of Mormon. He himself said that when his business does well, he forgets about God, so then he has trials so he'll remember God. It's crazy how applicable that is and to see the same things on an individual scale.
We were unable to meet with Tadas because he was sick, but he let us know in advance and we talked a little bit. He's still reading and desires to be baptized.
We also met with Vygantas. We taught the Plan of Salvation, going deep into parts of it that he had questions about, since he already had a basic understanding. We also clarified that temple ordinances are essential for eternal glory in the celestial kingdom, giving him further motivation to come back to Church and go through the temple. He was very grateful and appreciated our help and giving him sections in the scriptures to read that explained further about the Plan of Salvation.
Well, I wish you all well in your summering. Lithuania is wonderful and fantastic. I pray for you and appreciate your prayers.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment