Sveiki Visiems!!
This week was pretty bland. Elder Sherman had a fever, so we stayed in most of the week. He's more or less recovered now, which is good. Never fun to be sick.
We started off the week great. We had a lesson Monday night with a couple. The power went out in the middle, which was kinda distracting for a bit, they bustled around flipping breakers trying to get it back on, but it came back and settled down. We tried to teach a little at first and the husband kinda shot us down, but later in talking, the wife asked why there are so many churches if there is only one God? We were like, we can answer that and proceeded to tell about the apostasy and Restoration. It was fantastic. The wife was interested and said she would come to Church in a few weeks to see what it's like.
We met with a less active, Tadas Ž. He's about 20. He joined when he was super young and then kinda stopped coming for various reasons, but has come fairly regularly since I've been here. We just kinda wanted to befriend him and see if he wants to serve a mission. He said he would be interested, but would need to strengthen his own faith first. We responded that we would love to help him do that. He was interested which is good.
On Sunday, Du wei came to church, so I translated for him, which was exciting. It helps me to pay attention and also see what I know and what I still need to learn. Sunday night we gathered as a district, plus a member, and sang hymns in center. A few people stopped to listena dn some even applauded us, which was cool. THe sisters were also able to talk with some after we stopped singing.
I love Lithuania. Transfers are this week, I'll probably stay in Kaunas, but just wanted to give you a head's up. I appreciate your prayers and pray for you. Hope everything goes super this week, off school.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment