Labas Visiems!
We knocked houses, which are rare and isn't a common activity, but resulted in a refferal, which is also a prized possession here in the Baltics and the first I have received on my mission so far.
We worked as a zone on building our faith by doing some activity or something with our companion throughout the day while working. Elder Sherman and I created Shields of Faith, inspired by the armor of God verses in Ephesians. I suggested it as a joke originally, but we couldn't think of anything else, so we did it. I have it in the front of my planner complete with a Lithuanian national symbol, the Gediminaichiu Stulpai (columns of Gediminas) and a scripture. They are to block all faith destroying thoughts. Pretty sweet.
We talked to a guy who told us about a new perfect energy source. Made from splitting the atom a different way which would give off kinetic energy and no radiation. At least that's what he told us. He also told us we needed to spread that knowledge to the world, so here I go. Haha, he's a bit crazy, it sounded like it would be sweet if it worked, but seems a bit unbelievable.
We met with Antanas and talked about the Word of Wisdom and other commandments, went pretty well, but he seems more interested in learning than doing anything. We'll see how that goes.
Also met with Du Wei, who realized that his life isn't as good as it could be because he's forgotten God. He told us what he needed to do to 'get more Holy Ghost' and testified that if he would do those things he would be blessed. We seconded his testimony and gave him some Liahonas in Chinese for him to read. Our goal now is to prepare him for the temple and Melchezidek priesthood.
Also met with Rimi, a man from our English class. He is very humble and focused on helping others. He believes strongly in showing our faith by our works, which is good. He's a very kind, completely unselfish person.
Last night we found a young couple who were interested in learning more. They are new to Christianity and want to follow Christ. Through the lesson as we shared the first vision I felt the Spirit stronger than any other lesson I've been in on my mission. It was fantastic. We have a return appointment set up tonight and plan on setting a baptismal date with them.
I love this work and Lithuania. I wish you all the best this week. I appreciate your prayers and pray for you.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
No comments:
Post a Comment