Sveiki Visiems!
We had a lesson with an older couple. They invited us in and we started to teach. It was filled with every distraction possible, TV, kids, a dog, people entering and leaving, and the old man rocking back and forth on this squeaky stool. We listened through the distractions and were able to teach and testify of the Restoration and even invite the Spirit. We invited them to pray about what we had taught, so I hope they were enlightened some.
Sunday was a little interesting. Priesthood got a little out of control with comments that weren't necessarily the most uplifting or encouraging about missionaries in general. But, the Branch Mission Leader is very supportive and willing to help us in any way possible and undertakes his own personal missionary efforts, which is fantastic. Then we went to a member's house to bless it. The past week an extremely inactive member had come over, locked her in, and hexed her house, complete with cutting her hand and rubbing blood on the wall. We came over to try and restore some semblance of peace, since the member was understandably a little freaked out. We talked about the peace that can come from Christ and especially from reading the Book of Mormon, inviting her to do that. We then knelt and prayed to bless her house. It was powerful the testimony that we left of the peace that we can gain from reading the Book of Mormon. I know that all of us can have that, and it is something I have been blessed with, which I hadn't really connected back to the Book of Mormon, until that lesson.
I love serving in and experiencing Lithuania. It's the most fantastic place ever. I love the people, the language, the culture, everything about it. I appreciate your prayers and pray for you. I hope your next week is wonderful. Alistair, enjoy the return of your soul, be wise with how you use it, now that you know what it's like to be in bondage, haha. Good luck to all of you.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
No comments:
Post a Comment