Map of Lithuania

Map of Lithuania
So you can follow where Conor's mission takes him!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sveiki Visiems!

Happy Birthday ELLA!!!! Hope it's awesome.

Well, transfers happened. I am now in Vilnius with Elder Warner, in the center area, different from the area I was in last year.

Elder Whicker is also in my district, which will be fun. He's companions with Elder Rich, who came when Elder Whicker and I served together in Klaipeda. Then, just like the last time I was here, there are no sisters, but elders in that area. Elder Hyer and Elder Carrol. Elder Hyer was in the MTC with Elder Rich and they were serving together in Klaipeda. He's from Logan, Utah, if I remember correctly. Elder Carrol came in with Elders Sherman and Nelson. He's from Arizona. Elder Warner was born in Connecticut, but grew up mostly in Orem, his family now lives in SPringville. He has one transfer left after this one. Crazy. He's pretty awesome.

As always, I'll share some miracles. First, was at the start of the week with Elder Leishman. We visited Ale and Antanas, a very active couple. They have a reputation for keeping the missionaries for a long time and feeding them much more than they can actually afford. Due to that reputation, they had not been visited by missionaries for a very long time. We decided to give it a shot and at least see if that was still the case. They fed us some, but a fairly reasonable amount, but we were able to get in, eat, and share a spiritual message in 1 hour and 15 min. It was miraculous. They were very glad that we visited and because we were able to keep it reasonable, missionaries can visit in the future.

Second, was here in Vilnius. We have an investigator, Tomas. He's 16 and trying to quit smoking. We also teach him piano lessons. From what Elder Warner has told me, it's been a little difficult to teach him. Most of the time, they don't even finish the lesson, but this week, we were able to teach fully what we had planned and he was fairly well behaved. He also came to church on Sunday and wants to continue meeting and work towards baptism.

This week we also met with Vitalij, or Dedukas. He's a recent convert, older and in a hospital for now. We visited him and shared a short, inspirational scripture- 2 Timothy 4:6-7. He enjoyed it and talked about keeping his faith. It was enjoyable.

We also had a lesson via telephone with Rita, another recent convert. She is incredible. We talked about receiving strength through the Atonement, so that we could bear our trials. She loved the stories we shared and understood the significance of what that strength can be.

We also taught English class, which was fairly good. Our class is small, three regular students and we had one nwe student this past week. The new student, Adomas, knew a lot, and enjoyed asking unanswerable questions about English. A bit frustrating when we were trying to teach, but we just told him we didn't know and that was that.

Church was crazy. There are hardly any youth or children in Kaunas, so Church is close to silent. Vilnius on the other hand, is packed with kids and youth, relatively speaking. It was incredibly loud, not bad, just very different from what I've been experiencing for almost the past year. That's crazy to think. Tomas came to church, with a fwe friends that are also investigating to various degrees. Pretty sweet.

We escorted the elders to the sisters' area, where I was last year, and I just started having flashbacks like crazy. I haven't been to that part of Vilnius for about a year, since I left last september. It was super bizzare, but cool. I was sad to leave Kaunas when things just seemed to be getting going, but I'm excited to be back in Vilnius and to serve with Elder Warner. It should be a blast. I love all of you and Lithuania. I pray for you and appreciate your prayers in my behalf. I hope you have a fantastic week!

Love,

Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas

No comments:

Post a Comment