First to answer your questions Ella. In The Baltic Mission, President Dance has directed that if at all possible a member perform the baptism, not a missionary. Also, I have not baptized anyone.
First we had a lesson with a woman, Vytauta, that we had harvested into and scheduled a lesson with, she couldn't meet at the scheduled time, but rescheduled and we were able to meet. We had Vitalijus, a member, come with us. The lesson was great, due to Vitalijus. She mentioned that she wasn't sure why she told us yes and let us in then to talk. Vitalijus then testified that it was God showing His love for her and that it showed she was ready for something more, almost straight out of the Preach My Gospel DVDs with Jynx. It was great.
Also, Sunday we had a lesson with Vitalijus and Edita at 19:00. Due to unforeseen circumstances we weren't able to eat before then, but not taking thought for ourselves, as we arrived at their home they had a little cake and some tea for us. Just a small little miracle, but it stifled our hunger enough to focus on the lesson, not our stomachs.
We were also able to meet with Du Wei. He mentioned that he had prayed for help with his restaurant and then there was some political groups that met there, which received news coverage and resulted in many very wealthy people coming and ordering a lot of food. He said that he knew that was an answer to his prayer. He also mentioned that when he doesn't take the sacrament he feels tired and not as energized the entire week. It was great to see him recognize the power of the sacrament in his daily life.
We had zone conference this week which was fantastic. Elder and Sis. Neunschwander (don't know how to spell that) were here. He's an emeritus General Authority and they are currently serving a mission for the Church Records department in the East Europe Area. It was pretty exciting for them to be here and have them talk to us. It was as always fantastic to be together and be able to learn. We talked about the oath and the covenant of the priesthood and how all people are able to receive the priesthood, through the ordinances, thus applying the oath and covenant to all members of the church.
We watched some of conference in English, the Saturday sessions. It was great like always. I feel like I definitely lived beneath my potential as a quorum president in the past, but so did Pres. Eyring, so I guess I'm in good company. Just need to change for the better now, right? Also watched in Lithuanian, translated a little into English for Du Wei on Sunday morning. That was incredibly difficult and like before definitely flet guided to at least be able to communicate some spiritual thoughts even if it wasn't really what people were saying.
Funny little incident- Mykolas, an old Russian man we meet with weekly, said that I looked Mexican, or Brazilian. Not really sure what that's about. People seem to be really confused about my nationality. Often they guess some sort of Asian nation, but just all over the place. Thought you might enjoy that.
As always, I love Lithuania. I love you. I appreciate your prayers and pray for you. I hope all of you have a great week.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
Also, Sunday we had a lesson with Vitalijus and Edita at 19:00. Due to unforeseen circumstances we weren't able to eat before then, but not taking thought for ourselves, as we arrived at their home they had a little cake and some tea for us. Just a small little miracle, but it stifled our hunger enough to focus on the lesson, not our stomachs.
We were also able to meet with Du Wei. He mentioned that he had prayed for help with his restaurant and then there was some political groups that met there, which received news coverage and resulted in many very wealthy people coming and ordering a lot of food. He said that he knew that was an answer to his prayer. He also mentioned that when he doesn't take the sacrament he feels tired and not as energized the entire week. It was great to see him recognize the power of the sacrament in his daily life.
We had zone conference this week which was fantastic. Elder and Sis. Neunschwander (don't know how to spell that) were here. He's an emeritus General Authority and they are currently serving a mission for the Church Records department in the East Europe Area. It was pretty exciting for them to be here and have them talk to us. It was as always fantastic to be together and be able to learn. We talked about the oath and the covenant of the priesthood and how all people are able to receive the priesthood, through the ordinances, thus applying the oath and covenant to all members of the church.
We watched some of conference in English, the Saturday sessions. It was great like always. I feel like I definitely lived beneath my potential as a quorum president in the past, but so did Pres. Eyring, so I guess I'm in good company. Just need to change for the better now, right? Also watched in Lithuanian, translated a little into English for Du Wei on Sunday morning. That was incredibly difficult and like before definitely flet guided to at least be able to communicate some spiritual thoughts even if it wasn't really what people were saying.
Funny little incident- Mykolas, an old Russian man we meet with weekly, said that I looked Mexican, or Brazilian. Not really sure what that's about. People seem to be really confused about my nationality. Often they guess some sort of Asian nation, but just all over the place. Thought you might enjoy that.
As always, I love Lithuania. I love you. I appreciate your prayers and pray for you. I hope all of you have a great week.
Love,
Vyresnysis Kanoris Hiltonas
No comments:
Post a Comment