Labas Visiems!!
First, it was absolutely wonderful to be able to talk to you, my family if you were not included in the phone conversation, on Christmas. It was weird because I felt kinda like I was home, but at the same time a little out of place. I guess that's just the feeling of knowing that I need to be here in Lithuania, not home in Idaho.
Sounds like Christmas was a blast for all of you. It's crazy how time continues to fly by. I remember being home for Christmas like it was only a month or so ago, but that is clearly not the case. It's also crazy how being out of the world feels. I remember seeing trailers for movies that came out when I was in the MTC that are now on DVD. Crazy. Time does not exist the same for everyone.
Mom, for your answers: I'm pretty sure I was sitting next to Elder Whicker at the white elephant deal. I got some chapstick and a pen that says lietuva on it. In the nativity I was a scribe for King Herod. I'm wearing the suit I got from Elder Cooke in those pictures, if you were wondering.
Alistair, most of that music I have heard of, but who is Deas Vail? I don't think I've ever heard of them. That's sweet about your tests. Hopefully it means big things in your future.
It was wonderful to feel the Christmas spirit. We weren't able to teach that much, but people just seemed to be happier and kinder. We were able to serve a fair bit. Pushing cars out, delivering food to some members, and on Christmas giving cookies to the bus drivers, who were working. It was so good to see everyone's appreciation for our small work and the joy that it brought them.
We had a branch Christmas party on Wednesday. We played games, ate a lot of food, and then watched an old Christmas devotional translated into Lithuanian. It was a blast.
We randomly found an English student from the other elders' class and taught her a lesson. It was just short, a small thought about Christ. She fed us and then told us that we made her Christmas, which was great to hear that our small efforts meant that much to someone else.
On Christmas besides delivering cookies, we had dinner with a member, from China, Lucy. So I ate Chinese food in Lithuania, for Christmas dinner, which was a bit odd, but delicious, so I was ok with it.
Sunday was a little crazy. We had taken out the snow blower to 'shovel' the sidewalk and the parking lot and then needed to lock it back in the shed, which looks like a small medieval tower. To lock the door one person needs to kick it and the other one tries to turn the key. It is very difficult. We tried for about an hour. We did get the sacrament though, which was nice. Since we were not having success we went back inside, but then we were told to watch the shed, to make sure no one stole anything. So we spent another half hour watching over the shed, I felt a little like I was waiting for my part in a heist while watching it. Then we went back out, moved the snow blower to a different shed and locked the shed with the help of President Blindaruk. It was quite the adventure.
That's about it for this week. Not a lot happened. Transfers are coming up on Wednesday, again I can't believe that it is time for transfers. I feel like Elder Sanford and I just got together. Crazy. I love all of you and appreciate your prayers. I pray for you as well. Hope you enjoy this next week off of school.
Linksmų Švenčių (Happy holidays),
Vyrensysis Kanoris Hiltonas
No comments:
Post a Comment