Labas,
Thanks for the cookies, popcorn, etc. Can you send some glasses cleaner? My glasses are filthy.
Yeah, the AP English essay questions were weird when I took it too. One of mine was about whether we should keep the penny or not, loads to right about with that...haha.
Jonny Vance is indeed the Student Body VP from IF at the same time I was. I'm glad you got his CD, I'm sure it is superb.
I think I mentioned this before, but Alistair if you can make a list of movies/books/music I should enjoy when I get back that would be sweet, just keep it on the computer or something.
We do generally label groups by the language they are speaking/country they are going to. We started the first day and it just kinda stuck, although it can be a bit confusing when there is someone who is actually from a different country, but usually it's much easier that way.
The Greeks have been permanently reassigned to Chicago South and New York New York South. Chicago South is going to be combined with Chicago North soon. Apparently Greece has decided that since there are only 3 churches in Greece, they only need like 9 ministers, 3 per church or something like that. So they will not give visas to Americans. The mission appears to be indefinately closed for Americans, but EU members don't need visas so they might still send some Europeans to Greece. The 4 Elders going to Chicago left on Tuesday and the 3 Elders and Sister going to New York leave on Monday, their mission includes Bermuda, which is kinda cool. They will have been in the MTC a total of 3 months when they leave. Oh, they are assigned to speak English, but those two cities have very large Greek populations, so who knows.
I saw Bro. Somebody that served with Mom in Louisiana and is in Gramma's ward at the temple today, talked to him for a few seconds.
Next week I get to be a Host missionary, which should be exciting, maybe I'll host someone I know, since a couple of people I know come in next week.
I've memorized most of 'I Need thee Every Hour' in Lithuanian, so we sing that often when we are walking around places.
Our fireside was largely musical, by Bro and Sis Beeson. It was great. There was one song I really liked, it's actually like a Baptist hymn, I think, "Faithful Men". It was great, we all sang it with her, super cool.
In class we talked about the importance of people we teach respecting us, so that they will keep our commitments. I mean if you don't have respect for someone, you are much less likely to do what they want you to do. To get that respect we have to show respect to the person first, and love them. Interesting how teaching effectively pretty much always comes down to love.
The Devotional was Elder Craig C Christensen and his wife. They talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon and how if we are being faithful and following Christ, we should have no worries for the future because we know that Christ will conquer in the end. Also talked about how Christ can strengthen us, I thought of the part from Hercules when he is mortal and struggling, but then his 'godness' comes rushing back and he can do whatever he needs to. Christ is our 'godness' that makes us able to do anything. With His strength we can save the world and withstand all. Also applied the story of Nephi and Laban to learning the Lithuanian to preach the Gospel. Lithuanian sometimes seems like Laban, but with the help of the Lord I know that I will be able to overcome that barrier and speak and understand it.
Elder Deeley, on of the British Elders serving in Greece, had a baptism this past week, crazy, but very awesome. Or as he would say "o, Scene!"
Saw Elder Bean from BYU. He has gym the same time as me, and we've been playing volleyball together this week, sweet to be with people from school again.
I've thought this week a lot of the importance of Enduring to the End. Everytime I hear that phrase I think of Alfred telling Batman to "Endure." It has a sweet application as well. Batman is doing the best he can and is not giving up, even though the results at the time appear to be less than desirable- people dying. If he had just given up then many people would have been killed, it wouldn't have stopped. Sometimes we can't see how what we are doing will eventually have the desired results and often we have to do things that others can't or misunderstand. Also, there was a huge amount of pressure on Batman, and us, to stop and change to do something that seems easy, but would be wrong.
Enjoy to hear from all of you, I pray for you everyday and appreciate your prayers.
Love,
Vyresnysis Conor Hilton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment