Map of Lithuania

Map of Lithuania
So you can follow where Conor's mission takes him!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cinco de Mayo, but Mostly Just Cinco

Labas or Sveiki,

What mission in Chile is Ryan going to? and Do you know where Cole Stuart is going, I remember you said he had his call, but I don't remember where he was going.

Also look up the painting 'The Dove' by Liz Lemmon and tell me who you think Christ looks like.

We go to the temple every THursday, our preparation day. Mckay was there for a session, last week.
About being opinionated, I just never really thought of myself as being as opinionated as Mom or Dad or Grampa, but guess I am...haha. Not a bad thing. And yeah it does bother some/ a lot of people, but I think it's mostly because they aren't used to questioning anything or really thinking of things in a different way. Or people just always agreeing with them, which if I disagree, I tend to let people know.

Yeah, I think that switching memory cards when one is full, would work out great.

On P-day we start by going to the temple, 7 o'clock session. THen have some free time, study, write letters, talk, eat, do laundry, and then we have class, which we go to the TRC during again, most missionaries only go once a week, but we go twice.

Haven't gained any weight, still the same, about 130.

The solo sister is now companions with another solo sister who is going to Greece. There are just the two new Greek speakers, a solo sister and solo elder. The solo elder is comps with Elder Sanford. We usually eat together as a zone, so they do eat with us, as do the old Greeks, still waiting to hear where their temporary/permanent reassignment is to.

Usually Elders can host during the last two weeks, but it's not really up to us. The administration asks certain groups if they would host, but sounds like generally the Lithuanians do get to.

Last week at the TRC we talked at the door, it's set up like a bunch of rooms in an apartment or something, for about ten minutes before we could come in. Then I had to explain the Apostasy, but didn't know any of the words really, so just said Christ, is not, Prophets are not, Apostles are not, True Church is not. Got the point across, but really broken...haha.

I really like 2 Nephi 2:27, that says we can choose Liberty and Eternal Life, or Misery and Death (Christ or the Devil). I thought of Pokemon, I choose you, but instead of Pikachu, we choose Christ, which will help us win every battle, even though it's hard.

Also applied the quote from Batman Begins "It's not who I am, but what I do that defines me." To agency and following the prophet. All of us are children of God regardless of what we do, but the difference between those who will go to the Celestial Kingdom and those that wont, is the choices that they make.

In class we started talking about the Plan of Salvation and went through trying to see how Christ is at the center of every individual doctrine. It was kinda tough sometimes, but really helped bring a focus onto what should be taught, and helped me see how Christ really is at the center of the entire gospel.

Elder Holland came for our devotional on Tuesday. It was incredible, epic, amazing, mind blowing, as one elder said 'a spiritual punch to the face'. He is extremely passionate about his mission and missions in general. Everything he said was great. One thing that really stuck out to me was that we are like spiritual heart surgeons. We need to study or we can't use the tools (scriptures) to save souls. The people will die, unless we are there and prepared to save them.

I cannot believe that I've been here five weeks, that's insane. We only have about 25 days until we head to Lithuania. Crazy. Last night we taught the Plan of Salvation in the TRC, in Lithuanian, for the first time. It actually went really well, we didn't cover everything, but I wasn't expecting to, so that was alright. We touched on all the important bits.

Brother Snow, probably related somehow he's related to Erastus Snow, said that he would be disappointed if I don't own a monkey when I'm older because I include monkeys often when I write sentences in Lithuanian to practice the new grammar principles that we have learned. Also include pirates. Pirate in Lithuania is piratas and monkey is bezdziones (z's have the arrows above them and the e has a dot).

Oh, the elder did talk to me about my snoring, he just mentioned it in an interview because they asked how he had been sleeping. It was really funny when they gave me the spray actually, but it doesn't work. Supposed to work for 85% of snorers, so I guess I'm just part of the 15%.

Love hearing from you and Love you,

Vyresnysis Conor Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment