Last night we taught in Lithuanian in the TRC, where volunteers come to be taught, mostly returned missionaries from Lithuania. It was crazy. We couldn't say very much, but still felt the Spirit. I could understand pretty much everything that he said, which is definitely good, but not everything.
The devotional was great as well. Talked about learning our Identity, specifically as missionaries being disciples of Christ and how we are no longer the same people that we were when we came. It's insane how much I feel like I've learned in just the small amount of time I've been here.
I little about my comps I guess: Elder Hengst is big, like muscly, not really height, but he is giant. He's German like I said, but is rather funny. He's 22 or 23 and fell away from the Gospel for a bit, but he knows for sure that it's true. He also can do an incredible Donald Duck impersonation- it's puiku (awesome, when you would just say awesome not describing something).
Elder Sanford- ran XC and marathons, he's short and gels his hair up every morning even though it looks exactly the same before and after the gel- oh well. He's rather slow and we are always waiting for him, but it's not a big deal. He really loves the Gospel and is a bit like Michael Scott, always well intentioned, but not always the most well-thought through individual. Not as goofy as Michael, but similar.
It's pretty much the same deal every day, class, food, gym. The days run together, so it's hard to remember what happened since I wrote last. next week, I'll bring my journal and use it to help me remember things.
Oh something else I learned this week. Lithuanians just straight up tell you what they are thinking and don't really dance around questions or anything that they want to know. They just say it. Pretty good for me, right? I've never been the best about disguising what I wanted to say and have been much more comfortable just saying it. They almost always ask missionaries "Why are you here? Why are you talking to me? Why are you learning Lithuanian?", etc. Good to know.
Watched a talk that Elder Bednar gave at the MTC awhile ago about "How you can know if a prompting is from the Holy Ghost or just a thought of mine?" The answer- quit worrying about it, as long as you are living and doing the things that are right. Then any prompting you have will be a righteous one.
Love,
Vyresnysis Conor Hilton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment